Monday, February 14, 2011


The preamble:

I have always wanted to go to Venice and have been talking about it for several years. My passion is photography. It used to be my career and it is what I studied in College but I have since found a better career for myself so I can enjoy photography as a pleasure. I enjoy taking photography workshops and classes and though I have participated in them on and off in one way or another since I was 14 with my Nikkormat FTN nearly 40 years ago I still am always learning and experiencing the joys of photography.

In 2006 I ventured to Paris for a Photography Workshop with Peter Turnley given through Maine Photographic Workshops. 2008 I visited Martha's Vineyard for a late summer photographic experience with Alison Shaw. In 2010 I did a short weekend HDR workshop with Dan Burkholder at The Center for Photography workshops in Woodstock, NY. My hope is to participate in a photo workshop, travel workshop, group or class at least every year or two until I no longer can.


David DuChemin speaking at B&H

In the summer of 2010 I attended a talk at B&H Photo given by world and humanitarian photographer, best-selling author, international workshop leader and former comedian David DuChemin who had recently returned from his 2010 Italy within the Frame workshop. He mentioned with joy the expanded 2011 Within the Frame Series that he was planning with Jeffrey Chapman, the light went off in my head that now was the time for Venice.

No comments:

Post a Comment